Ok, so I was nominated for this kind award by…
The Liebster Award is something within the blogging world,
that is passed on from one new blogger to the next.
It is an honor to receive a nomination because it means your blog has been recognized
…for its potential to grow and reach others….
and someone liked it enough to give it to you!
So here are the official rules of the LEIBSTER AWARD:
- Each nominee must have under 200 followers
- Thank and link to the nominating blog
- Answer their 10 questions and propose 10 new ones for your nominees
- Nominate 10 blogs and tell them that they’ve been nominated
- Write a post containing the questions
- Include these rules in the post
So here are the 10 questions I was asked:
1. Why did you start blogging?
I started blogging right before I went to Teach Them Diligently in Nashville. I love to journal and keep a record of what’s working in our homeschool world and I thought creating a blog to write about all of our experiences would be a great way to look back at things that worked and did not work. I also thought it might be beneficial to others who are homeschooling as well.
2. What type of blog reading do you prefer?
Homeschooling blogs are my favorite types of blogs to read. I get some much out of reading about what others are doing and how they are growing in their homeschool journey and that helps me to continue and press on and not get weary.
3. What are your hobbies?
I love to read, blog, scrapbook (although 3 kids doesn’t leave much time for that) and cook.
4. What is your (own) favorite blog post up to this point?
Probably my favorite blog post is Life of Fred. This year has been a tough one with school. With having a premature baby and her coming home right as we were starting school this past fall really threw off our schedule. Life of Fred came into play when math was becoming a huge struggle and sense of anxiety with my oldest son. It was a breath of fresh air into our homeschool and we are huge fans of Fred & Kingie.
5. Are you a morning blog post writer, or a late night one?
I rock 11AM like no one else. I am super allergic to mornings and I am not productive at all at night, but you catch me in the middle of the day, I am rocking!
6. Do you plan your posts ahead of time, or wing topics as you think of them?
I wing it. Things pop into my mind that I want to write about it and I save the titles in draft and come back to them when I have time to write and post them.
7. If you could travel anywhere, where would you go?
ITALY!!!! Hope to head there when my husband & I celebrate 25 years. Only 11 years to go! Maybe I can convince him to go on our 20th!
8. What is your favorite type of book to read?
Anything by Sally Clarkson or Beth Moore. I love uplifting mom devotional books and homeschool mom encouragement books.
9. If you were to give random advice about life, what would it be?
A smile is a curve that sets a lot of things straight! Try smiling more often.
10. What is your best childhood memory?
Growing up in the country on 10 acres of land out in the middle of nowhere. I loved hiking in the woods and exploring with my Dad. I loved that my mom could ring the big iron dinner bell for me to hear and I knew it was time to head back towards the house. I loved the freedom of living out there brought. I miss that place sometimes and wish I could go back there. It was such a wonderful place to grow up.
I will have to figure out what my questions to my nominees will be…and who I nominate. I have not been on wordpress that long. Thanks for the nomination.